I’ve been at this social media thing for awhile. I’ve read many articles, I’ve tried a variety of different tactics and I’ve come to my own list of the 10 things to follow in any social media attempt. In no particular order, they are:
- Don’t try too hard.
- Be yourself.
- Don’t try too hard to be yourself.
- Don’t be something you’re not.
- Be everything you are and more.
- Be open to connection.
- Take a break when you feel overwhelmed.
- Don’t take the ‘rules of social media’ too seriously… as the pirates say.. they’re more like guidelines anyway.
- Follow the natural ebb and flow of any relationship.
- Have fun.
That’s it. For me, if it’s not about the stuff above first, I’m doing it wrong.